Monday 6 August 2012

Who says your not AWESOME?!

Having a conversation with a friend I came across the possibility that I may be great at a certain attribute but I may not be exceptional at it so I shouldn't consider myself awesome at it.

At first I was taken aback at his brusqueness, I mean how can he say I'm not great and I'm just above average? I then had to put myself in his shoes and realize that I sounded snobbish and haughty in the first place. I sounded like a down right snoot for even saying that.

Then again I'm the kinda person who struggles with self esteem issues and I guess the only thing I considered myself any good at was that attribute. The past had left irreparable scars on my psyche and this attribute was my only attempt at normalcy and being able to fit in.

I finally realized that this attribute was just the one part of the complexity that is me. It took some soul searching for me to figure out I need to accept every part of me if I really want to be awesome.

Being awesome is not being formidably exceptional by standards of society. It's a firm and centered belief that you are the best possible human being you could possibly be at that point in time. Being true to your potential with every step and action.

I consider myself awesome because I am in a place of my choice and doing what I have planned as a teenager. I believe in myself and in the trueness of humankind.

I can be awesome and so can you..

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. inspirational :D Words I will definitely take to heart!

    ReplyDelete